Wandering Thoughts...my K-World

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

[mslee's thoughts] Waiting for Kim Hyun Joong's City Conquest and his Leading Lady...

Here I go again...mumbling my thoughts. This is the result of waiting and anticipation.:))
This is just my own thoughts and mine alone. 

June 2012 will soon be over and I am kinda excited because although there is still one FM Tour left in the itinerary of Kim Hyun Joong which is Thailand, I am waiting for the start of filming of City Conquest/Conquest of the City. Really looking forward to see him again in the screen. What I am excited about is the fact that he will be playing a different character this time totally opposite to the two previous drama he played, on which he portrayed a student with a boy next door image. The clean and sophisticated and brainy guy type. In City Conquest, the role is somewhat rough, with a tough character that has a vengeful heart. The story comes from a popular Japanese manga although I haven't yet seen nor read anything about it. There were topics discussing about it since Hyun Joong accepted the lead role.



photo: google.com



photo credit to http://k-sweethoney.livejournal.com


As a fan of him and of Korean dramas, I am glad that he ventured in this kind of storyline. A new way to project himself in front of his fans. A new way to see his acting skills. There may be doubts as to him being a good and effective actor before, but for me, as I see his personality, I think this one he will be able to capture the character so well. So much for my confidence in him, I know he will. Just by looking at his eyes and his demeanor sometimes, he exudes a rough manly image that can not be ignored. After all, he is Hyun Joong, who had had a rough time during adolescent years, as he had said on many interviews before. He was a typical teenager who had experience a bit of rebellion, which is what most teenagers do in their time. He was not really the pampered one. He learned to work hard in his early years before he debuted as a singer in SS501, 2005.


So, he may have a lot of experiences he can reach into while doing this drama.


And of course, I have always loved him riding a bicycle since I saw him in SS501 MV Four Chance. He was just so suave and his manly appeal is overflowing!


This photo was from the Seoul Persona Concert...

as tagged


Of course it is a very dangerous type of transportation. So my wish for him is to be very careful when riding one, be it on filming sites. As for the rough manly character, I've seen him already transformed into it when he launched his solo album Breakdown. The change from the nice guy image to the image he portrayed in Breakdown, for me was impressive. I liked it. The macho appearance.







Just look at his stance here in this photo... rough but mysterious. The eyes made the difference. The soft look made him a person with a warm heart, despite the outer image.




This is Hyun Joong's recent photo. I think this look will make a good image for City Conquest as Baek Mir.
pic.twitter.com/FL3H18uq
photos as tagged
source: Josei Jishin


Mysterious and yet there is  gentleness when you look at the eyes. Read that Baek Mir although rough is gentle when it come to the woman he loves. On which I am curious to find out who will it be? The lucky girl who will play opposite Hyun Joong and his love interest in the drama. I have my own picks, my favorites who I think will have a great on screen chemistry with him.


Recently, I chanced upon an old news of Kim Hyun Joong telling in an interview who he wanted to act with, perhaps  in his next project. I was surprised by this bit of news. Han Hyo Joo is not unfamiliar to me. I have seen her in Shining Inheritance and not long ago, I marathon watched her successful historical drama Dong Yi. I love her in Dong Yi. I like her beauty. So fresh and innocent. But for City Conquest, I am not not sure if it will suit her personality. And I think she is busy with another project as of this moment with Lee Byun Hun, if I recalled right.  


Anyway, will repost the said news here. 


[2010] – Interview Kim Hyun Joong Wants Act Together with Han Hyo Joo | Han Hyo Joo


      Fresh off his Playful Kiss stint, Kim Hyun Joong was recently asked which actress he would like to co-star with next. Kim was not shy to admit he’d like to act with Han Hyo Joo because “her acting is impressive” and they’re “of similar age.” He stated that her image was really eye-catching in Dong Yi and he would like to act alongside her to better improve himself. I can’t help but think if these two actually got together in real life, their babies would have such lovely smiles.
[cr : http://www.facebook.com/pages/Kim-Hyun-Joong-Han-Hyo-Joo/187737237907531?sk=app_106878476015645]


They look good in this photo. Another actress that I know will make a good on screen chemistry is Yoon Eun Hye.  Well, she is one of my favorites.



photo from Basic House


But of course I have this feelings that the production behind City Conquest will choose someone else. I am not familiar with the character yet of the girl in the drama. Maybe a girl who is tough and soft at the same time. A girl who can be comfortable in an action drama. Now, I remember Ha Ji Won in Secret Garden. She looked tough but sensitive at the same time. 





But I think she is older than Hyun Joong.


Hmmm....whoever it will be, I know she will be a good partner to Hyun Joong in City Conquest.


Well...that's it for my thoughts about Kim Hyun Joong's next drama.


Before I end this thoughts, will share a new character that has just been confirmed. The guy who will play as Baek Mir's father. Kim Seung Woo as Baek Seung Hyun.



Yes! the man from IRIS. The North Korean spy. Wow! A well chosen cast.


My time is up! Thanks for reading my thoughts.
mslee1107



No comments:

Post a Comment