Wandering Thoughts...my K-World

Monday, July 9, 2012

[ep 13 and 14 + OST] Kim Do Jin Hurt Seo Yi Soo Badly...A Gentleman's Dignity

CHINCHA!!  I hate episode 14! I cried for Seo Yi Soo! What's the fuss if Do Jin already had a child he did not know exist until now?

Omo! I wrote my thoughts this way..mianhe. This was the reaction episode 14 got from me. I am sad. Anyway, will collect my thoughts and write about it later.

about 7hours later...

I was wondering whether to delete my earlier post but decided against it. It was my true reaction and feelings right after watching episode 14 so I think it must stay here. It only showed how the drama affected me as a viewer. It means that the characters being played by the actors connected with me that's why I felt that way.

Well, let me start on episode 13. It was okay. The romance between Do Jin and Yi Soo was still sweet.    Do Jin was attentive and playful at the same time. I was surprised at how Yi Soo's character evolved from being a shy girlfriend to being able to express more openly her feelings to Do Jin by initiating a kiss/peck on the lips. Kind of sweet and playful at the same time. Very cute.

I was hoping a romantic development between Yoon oppa and Meahri already, but still none. It was already the 13th episode and there must be something or should be happening between this cute would be lovers, but then Yoon kept his distance, although very tempted. I like to see how or when that will happen and what would Tae San's reaction be, being the protective brother of Meahri.

Hong Se Ra was found vulnerable in this episode. With her mighty pride getting in the way between her and Tae San, the financial assistance she needed badly was more important than her pride. She had to ask Jong Rok's wife for the money, but with her car as collateral. I guess, she is not as bad as she liked to portray herself. Definitely, she is not an opportunist. She really loves Tae San, but felt inadequate as a woman to be called his wife that's why she turned him down. [just my own interpretation] I call it insecurity. With her stunning looks outside, she was just as soft and insecure as any other girl who was not born rich.

The best scenes in episode 13 was of course the appearance of Jung Yong Hwa.



So handsome!

Apparently, he was a former student of Yi Soo, and by chance, was dinning then with Do Jin at the same restaurant Yong Hwa came in. It was a very funny scene. Do Jin was deliberately being annoyingly rude and sarcastic towards Yong Hwa because he was jealous of the attention Yi Soo was giving her former student. So childish of Do Jin to even sing BIGBANG's Blue in front of Yong Hwa pretending he thought it was Yong Hwa's song. So funny, chincha!

And what surpises me again was how Yong Hwa carried his role. So very good acting wise. He was so natural and was never intimidated by his sunbaes, who are not just any sunbae, but great senior actors at that. I was so proud of him. Very short scene and yet really noticed him.

Colin aka Jong Hyun, sang My Love, which is a part of the OST of the drama.



And a very short appearance also of Juniel.



A drama without a twist will become boring and of course, there has to be one in this drama and that is finding the true biological father of Colin.  Remember that at some point in  time [early 20's] all four gentlemen had feelings for Kim Eun Hee [omma of Colin] but only one of them really had the chance to be her boyfriend and that was to my utter dismay had to be Do Jin-ssi. His first sarang...love.

Episode 14 started off with Do Jin taking the responsibility and saying he was the father, to his friend's surprise. I don't want to think that the character of Colin's mother was a girl who slept around or to put it more bluntly, with the four of them. It was so ridiculous to even think that way, but somehow the flow of the story went that way, with all four gentlemen being questioned as to who among them was the real father. And it was not that clear that only Do Jin became her boyfriend because they were all boasting about their encounters with her. Or perhaps just a minor misunderstanding and even language barrier or translations was somehow lost and not that accurate.

Anyway, as a viewer, I understand completely this kind of situations. It is not a big deal. So what if at your younger years you fathered a son you have no knowledge of existence until now. Life goes on, you just have to include him from now on. But in this story, I can't quite read what goes on inside Do Jin's mind. Yes, he should feel betrayed and hurt. But, it's senseless to break up with someone you love now just because of this unfortunate scenario. Seo Yi Soo was right to say that Do Jin should have at least asked her opinion. She was a broadminded girl, even though she also has her [secret] past that pains her, she would understand and stand by him.

Yi Soo was so hurt I was literally crying silently with her. Do Jin was so insensitive and brute. A coward. The ending scene where Yi Soo saw Eun Hee and Do Jin at Yoon's office was a very intense moment and I want to hide her just to keep her pride and vulnerability intact, but of course, it was unavoidable for all three of them. They just had to face each other. I like the moment when Do Jin grasped Yi Soo's wrist as she walked passed him but it was just to introduced the two women at each other and to say which one was in the past and the one he recently lost.

I want episode 15...pali, pali! I want reconciliation.

Well...me and my thoughts.

Episode 14 made me sad. And hurt.

Will just add two of my favorite OST of the drama.

by Lee Hyun
My Heartache



by Yangpa
Love..what to do?




No comments:

Post a Comment