Wandering Thoughts...my K-World

Sunday, October 7, 2012

[episode 15 and 16] Final Thoughts on To The Beautiful You

It took me about two more days since I watched the final episode of TTBY to write this post. I am really feeling sad and I don't want to move forward and let go. It feels like my attachment to the series is so strong I can not believe the series is really over. I watched the final two raw, then watched them again with English subtitles. 

As I said before, I am quite sad about the turn out of the ratings but it did not influence me from not seeing the drama. I believe that it suffered bad ratings because it happened that many series being aired at the same time are also good and probably, because the theme is already familiar to most viewers because it was a remake from Japanese Hana Kimi. But to give credit to Korean version, I got to say that I enjoyed it very much. I was entertained. Which is the real reason I stayed watching it. The real reason I came to love the characters like Kang Tae Joon, Goo Jae Hee, Cha Eun Gyul, and even Seol Han Na and Hyeon Jae with the rest of the cast. The series was so much fun and at the same time tugged my heart with their simple scenes that made me teary eyed. I love how friendship prevailed.

Episode 15 started with Eun Gyul finally discovering Jae Hee's true personality. She is a girl! On which, he felt betrayed. As he had said, JH never even considered his confession in the first place or she would have said something about her identity during that time. I understand him. I understand how he had struggled with the thought of him liking a boy like him. And reaching the decision to go for it.

Jae Hee was crying because of how Eun Gyul felt. Tae Joon was there for her. And when she told him about her, he admitted that he already knew it. 

This last two episodes are the highlights of the series. The story unfolds to everyone. I was having mixed feelings while watching it. Yes, it's a teen's story but it touches the heart. I was sad and happy at the same time. 

I never realized I will be this addicted to the drama. The romance between Tae Joon and Jae Hee are awesome! The chemistry between Minho and Sulli just filled the screen. And I fell in love.:)

Glad that it was a happy ending not only to Tae Joon and Jae Hee. Coach Baek and the homeroom teacher became a couple too. Then there's Han Na who found her laughter through Seung Ri sunbae, the dorm leader who stood by Jae Hee. I like him. He is so funny and a true leader. But as for Eun Gyul, he remained friends with Jae Hee.

Another revelation for me was Hyeon Jae. His character was a bit off towards Tae Joon but it turned out that he had reasons which as a viewer can fully understand. And the reason I cried. As he said, Tae Joon is the wall he needed to jump over to achieve his dreams. But in the end, they became friends. Oh...love the story, chincha!

Another thing that made me go gaga over this series are the romantic scenes between tae Joon and Jae Hee. So many hugs, they gave us 5 kisses including the  pool scene. But Jae Hee's spontaneous kiss to Tae Joon stands out for me. It was such a cute and sweet scene. I want to say Kamsahamnida PDnim for these romantic scenes. I know that the drama theme is high school students but TTBY gave us many skinship/touch between the lea characters. Should I say, Daebak?!:))

Anyway, I am suffering from withdrawal syndrome.:)) But I hope to move forward, well, after re watching BTS, some episodes, and searching for more videos relating Minho and Sulli or MinSul. It's not easy but this is the effect of TTBY. And my first thought after watching episode 1 was that I am going to ditch the drama from my list! But Eun Gyul made me laugh so hard I endured it and slowly, the charisma of the drama hits me. And I am glad I joined Jae Hee on her goal to win Tae Joon's heart and to make him jump again.

 Some good screencaps and gifs...

screencaps by mslee1107
gif from tumblr

komowo chingus for these...

BTS



tae joon's smile





Tae Joon and Jae Hee...annyeong!


No comments:

Post a Comment